Wednesday 16 June 2010

Le freak c'est chic!

Ordered my headdress! Hoorah!!


After trying on some veils when ordering my own dress I realised that I cannot have a traditional veil. Ohmygod, i looked like some kind of freak child in a confirmation outfit. Not glam, not sexy and not a look for anyone over the age of 12!  I mean look at this.  You wouldn't would you!?















So I decided to look at a place I found at the Earls Court Wedding Show in February

Vlasta Collu

Very chic boutique but not in what you'd consider the fashion capital.... South Woodford!  One Saturday morning, my mother and I embarked on an expedition to find this treasure...3 trips up and down the A12, a couple of goes round the Green Man roundabout and several 3-point-turns later we finally found it.

Vlasta (oh yes, we're on first name terms!) is lovely and took great pleasure in helping me to find the right kind of headdress and veil.  My mother could happily have spent half the day in there and was having a quiet nose at all the gorgeous dresses hanging around us. 

After 2 weeks deliberation I knew I would find nothing better so I went back and ordered it! 

I love it I love it I love it !  

Think Reese Witherspoon in 'Sweet Home Alabama' meets Carrie Bradshaw.  A kind of modern twist on a 1940's birdcage veil.  Pretty sure some of my friends will hate it but what do I care!?  Life would be very dull if we were all the same.

I'd love to pop a piccy on here but the website won't let me get one and the one taken on my camera.... well let's just say it's not the most flattering photograph.  So we'll just have to wait until the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment