Tuesday 1 June 2010

Whose wedding is it anyway?

I’ve been a bit quiet recently due to being so busy but I’m bursting to spill all about the latest developments on the wedding... at some point I'll get to everything but hey ho.

 About 4 weeks ago I had an epiphany. Or maybe I was just shown the way…?


A random evening out with friends – thrown together in a pathetic attempt to celebrate a 2 year old’s birthday(shameless I know) ended with 8 people putting the world to rights in a friend’s dining room surrounded by wine and Indian takeway. 3 of the 4 couples are all due to be married in the next 6 months so the evening was punctuated with stories of wedding song choices, bridesmaid sagas, envy at some Louboutin wedding shoes (not mine unfortunately!) and hilarity of a certain usher having to wear a kilt. Anyway after a few too many glasses of rosé I might have been a little indiscreet about some of the problems I’ve faced so far. I tried to keep the identities hidden to protect the not-so-innocent but on the whole the culprits were sussed…. Ooops sorry! Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to receive the reactions that I did. No mater how much I tried to justify my girlfriends’ behaviour over the last few months, all were horrified at the situation and I was told off quite categorically for sticking up for them considering quite how awful they had made me feel. My two guy friends, whom I have known for around 20 years now, were most adamant that I adopt a new mantra. They made me repeat it over and over again. I’m shocked to say that I quite enjoyed it although I’m still finding it difficult to say out loud. You may have heard it before but who says your mantra has to be unique?!

“It’s my f***ing wedding!”

Nuff said. So I’m trying to implement it wherever possible. It’s not always easy to do it without becoming a bit Bridezilla but I have been assured by 2 grown men that in this instance I am perfectly entitled. Well chaps, if you insist!

No comments:

Post a Comment